5 Remodeling Design Ideas for Your Bedroom
A common home improvement for many Firestone homeowners is bedroom remodeling. Transforming your bedroom can be a daunting task, so hiring a remodeling contractor for remodeling design services is an excellent decision. When planning the layout and design of your new bedroom, consider various elements such as storage, furnishings, lighting, wall treatments, and flooring.
Consider These Features for Your New Bedroom
- Storage — Although most homeowners stick to storage options such as side tables, closets, wardrobes, and dressers, you can use more creative storage alternatives. Create a strategic storage layout comprised of wall shelves, large trunks, or a bed frame with built-in drawers. Your remodeling contractor can help you maximize the space in your bedroom so that every item has a place.
- Furnishings — If you want to purchase new furnishings for your bedroom remodeling, consider adding unconventional bedroom furniture pieces such as a chaise longue, daybed, or hanging chair. Consider the colors, finishes, hardware, fabrics, and materials of these furnishings to ensure that they complement the other furniture in the bedroom.
- Lighting — Sufficient lighting is essential to a bedroom, but you also want to choose types of lighting that will create different atmospheres. A window will allow natural light to shine in your bedroom, and you can pair this natural light with table lamps, recessed lighting, wall lights, and ceiling light fixtures.
- Wall Treatments — Homeowners incorporate wall treatments such as paneling and wallpaper to finish the interior design of their bedrooms, and these wall treatments are often placed on an accent wall to create visual interest. The color, design, and texture of these wall treatments should be selected to suit the rest of the room's furnishings, flooring, and color palette.
- Flooring — You may be able to perform some parts of bedroom remodeling alone, but when you install new flooring, you should request the assistance of an experienced remodeling contractor. Consider installing flooring such as hardwood, tile, or carpet.
Begin Your Bedroom Remodeling Today
With the help of a trusted remodeler, you'll be able to create the bedroom you've always wanted. Reach out to the remodeling design experts at Christie's Design Build Remodeling, a reputable remodeling contractor, to get started on your Firestone home's bedroom remodeling project.